Working with scalable CSS for big projects with Inuitcss v6
Half-day workshop - in English
When working with HTML and CSS, it’s all too common to discover that your code has become an unmaintainable beast with little or no reuse value. In this workshop we’ll be talking about SCSS structure with BEM, and how this can help you create a cohesive library of modules. You will be working hands on with creating modules and learn about how these modules can be used as a design tool.
In the process you will get to know the latest version of the Inuitcss framework, version 6. It brings a whole bunch of improvements and makes it easier to get started with.
In this workshop you are going to learn:
- How to structure your SCSS so that you and your team have more control
- How to avoid the specificity-monster in CSS
- How to work with modules in your design and how this makes development and prototyping easier
- How to handle complex, responsive layouts in CSS
- Tools and techniques to support your workflow when working on responsive design projects
You should at least be familiar with some basics of responsive design, HTML5 and SCSS.
Primarily for: Developers, UX specialists, Designers
Participant requirements: A laptop with your favorite text editor.